Plan for The Worst, Expect the Best
Even with our Roundtrip travel insurance and a well-prepared itinerary, you will eventually suffer a delayed or late flight, an airplane mechanical problem, inclement weather, traffic or a host many airport delay problems which will “ground” you. Here are a few tips that can help you with an unexpected trip interruption:
- Plan for the worst – leave plenty of time to arrive at the airport as well as layovers for connecting flights
- Print out all your important travel documents – don’t depend on internet connections to view your itinerary, download boarding passes, look up your airline reservation telephone number or a map to your hotel.
- Charge all your electronics the night before in case you can’t find a convenient power outlet at the airport
- Travel with stamps and use the time before or between a flight as an opportunity to write a postcard or letter
- Include a change of clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste in your carry-on.
- If your flight is going to be delayed for more than three hours, call the 24 hour telephone number on your Roundtrip ID card for live assistance to help you rebook flights, reserve a hotel room for the evening and manage the rest of your itinerary
When I travel, I plan for the worst and expect the best. These tips have helped me when the unexpected happen. Please feel free to share your own tips.