Day Tripper Group Travel Medical
October 1, 2014 Additions:
Effective October 1, 2014 the following updates to our video have been added.
- A $10,000 personal liability benefit offered under Atlas Travel and Day Tripper for court-entered eligible judgments or approved settlements. This benefit offsets losses due to the member’s negligence resulting in injury to a third party, damage/loss of a third party’s personal property, or damage/loss of a related third party’s personal property.
- A $10,000 crisis response benefit offered under Atlas Travel and Day Tripper. This benefit offsets ransom, personal belongings surrendered during a kidnapping, and crisis response expenses and fees.
- Access to Unity Crisis Group, which provides experts to advise, coordinate with law enforcement, and manage/execute negotiations during a kidnapping.
- In countries for which the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued a Warning Level 3 (avoid nonessential travel), the medical condition that prompted the CDC warning is excluded. All other eligible medical expenses are covered as usual. For members in-country at the time of the CDC warning, 10 days are allowed for departure before the condition becomes excluded.
Groups of 5 or more US citizens or foreign nationals who are at least 14 days old and are traveling outside their home country are eligible under Day Tripper Group Travel. The plan cannot be sold to citizens or residents of: Cuba, Iran, N. Korea or Sudan. Applicants whose mailing address is in Australia cannot purchase this plan.
SPECIAL NOTE: New York Residents and Anyone Located in Canada*
If you are a resident of New York or a foreign national visiting New York, Day Tripper Group Travel is not available for online purchase. Please call us at (800) 647-4589 or 01 (480) 821-9052 for help finding a comparable plan.
If you are physically located within Canada at the time you wish to purchase Day Tripper Group Travel, please contact us for important information at (800) 647-4589 or 01 (480) 821-9052.
Highlights and Benefits*
- Guaranteed issue!
- Up to $1,000,000 in international major medical protection
- Up to $500,000 in emergency medical evacuation
- Easy-to-quote and inexpensive daily rates, as low as $.49/day!
- Terrorism, political evacuation, emergency reunion, AD&D and repatriation coverage automatically included
- Up to $100,000 for an acute onset of a pre-existing condition coverage
- Trip interruption coverage, lost checked luggage benefit, lost passport assistance, and more
- Emergency dental care
- 100% U&C coverage outside the US
State and Country Restrictions*
Day Tripper Group Travel is available in all states in the US, except New York. The plan does not cover travel to or from the following countries: Cuba, Iran, N. Korea or Sudan. Excluded states and countries are subject to change; please contact us at (800) 647-4589 or 01 (480) 821-9052 for an up-to-date list.
Day Tripper Group Travel is underwritten by Syndicate 4141 at Lloyd’s, London, rated A (Excellent) by Standard & Poor’s.
*Questions about what you see here? Please download the plan brochure for a complete schedule of benefits, exclusions, and other details. Or give us a call at (800) 647-4589 or 01 (480) 821-9052.